Friday 16 June 2017


Rendered Image
         

As you are aware our school has a bike track. This term we have been lucky enough to make use of this track by having our very first lesson.
Everyone was given the opportunity to ride a bike with a buddy, or ride a bike on their own. The room 16 helpers were encouraging, and supportive.
First we were shown a few things for the bike then they taught us how to ride a bike, Mrs Thompson helped too. They first told us how to stop the bike and put the kickstand down, then we would ride down a small hill using our feet. After we went down the hill we went back up and did the same thing again. After a few times of doing that we took our feet off the ground a little bit then put our feet back down and we did that until we reached the bottom of the hill. Next time we will have the courage to ride a bike using the pedals.

Here are what some people thought about the day...

Eden: “I was so nervous that thought I would bang into a tree but I still had a smile and I didn’t bang into any trees”.
Sean:  “It was so much fun. I had a big boom in my heart and I got really excited!”

By Eden G and Sean L

No comments:

Post a Comment